Thunder Woman Healing Lodge Society (TWHLS)
Position: Social Media Coordinator
Shift: 37.5 hours/week, full-time
Closing Date: Aug 12, 2022
TWHLS is a community-driven initiative raised out of concern and recognition of the urgent need to break the cycle of Indigenous women’s over-representation in Canada’s prisons. Indigenous-led, we provide trauma-informed, culturally appropriate services for First Nation (Status and Non-Status), Inuit, and Metis 2SLGBTQIA+ women exiting the justice system.
To this end, TWHLS focuses on:
- Restoring Identities
- Providing Housing
- Creating Opportunities
Thunder Woman Healing Lodge Society will promote and provide services for First Nation (Status and Non-Status), Inuit, and Metis 2SLGBTQIA+ Women to focus on their journey to wholeness and balance.
To provide First Nation (Status and Non-Status), Inuit, and Metis 2SLGBTQIA+ women a place in the Greater Toronto Area to heal and reclaim positive cultural identity, rehabilitation, and wellness.
To establish a Healing Lodge for First Nations (Status and Non-Status), Inuit, and Metis 2SLGBTQIA+ women who are in conflict with the law, and for those who have survived intergenerational trauma. To provide cultural support, traditional knowledge, and resources, for the advancement of wholeness and balance. To empower First Nations (Status and Non-Status), Inuit, and Metis 2SLGBTQIA+ Women to take their honoured place within their community and culture.
- Practice strict COVID-19 protocols at all times.
- Oversee social media accounts including the Website, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Update and maintain all social media accounts with culturally appropriate information approved by management in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Identify and implement updates to accounts as required.
- In collaboration with staff, ensure events, collaborations, holidays, support postings and various other content is posted and maintained in a timely manner.
- Ensure all projects maintain the “brand” that TWHLS carries.
Team Support and Development
- Contribute to the orientation and training of new staff, students, and volunteers.
- Participate in informal and formal team meetings to review and discuss updates and expectations for Social Media needs.
- Comply with the agency Health and Safety plan.
- Comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related field (Communications, Social Media Management, etc.) or relevant mix of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of Indigenous, history, culture, and traditions along with an understanding of the barriers facing Indigenous peoples.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Understanding of internet security and protocols and posting guidelines.
- Willingness to continue educational development with the changing needs of the organization and social media.
Thunder Woman Healing Lodge is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the Indigenous values and teachings.
If you meet all the above qualifications and can demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume, please apply by submitting one PDF document to Patti Pettigrew by August 12, 2022.
We thank all applicants and respectfully advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
** We strongly urge Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit) individuals to self-identify and apply