TWHLS is led by Indigenous women for Indigenous women. Our goal is to empower First Nations, Inuit and Metis to overcome inter-generational trauma and break free of conflicts with the law so that they may find balance and retake their honoured place in society. Compassionate, highly motivated and results-oriented individuals, with a passion to support restoration of identity are invited to apply for job opportunities as they arise.
Due to the nature of our culturally based social services, TWHLS encourages applications from Indigenous women (Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).
TWHLS is a grass-roots organization made possible by the the passion and energy of volunteers. In addition to employment opportunnities, we may be able to provide internships and work-integration placements to dedicated individuals.Volunteer Information
Active Job Postings
Thunder Woman Healing Lodge Society is seeking to fill multiple positions
INDIGENOUS OUTREACH WORKER
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, Outreach Worker provides culturally competent service to Indigenous women who have experienced violence, incarceration, and shelter insecurity. The Outreach Worker assists clients using a holistic approach focused on healing, rebuilding, and attending to practical needs. The Outreach Worker develops activities and delivers workshops and will serve as a bridge to other services such as counseling and employment readiness, both within the GTA and within the broader community.
- Diploma in a related field
- 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In depth knowledge of Indigenous, history, culture and traditions along with an understanding of the barriers facing Indigenous peoples.
- Experience providing individual and group support
- Current knowledge of community programs and resources
- Valid Level I First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License, clear driving abstract is an asset.
Conditions of employment:
This position requires that you work part of your shift in a residential setting
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 1pm to 8pm, Monday to Friday